CAN WE USE PBS (Polybuthylene Succinate) TO LINING INSTEAD OF PE (polyethylene)?
THE ANSWER IS YES.
Because PBS has a better presentation than PLA on the compostable feature:
What is PBS？
BioPBS paper cup vs PLA paper cup？
100% compostable: made from paper and coated with PBS on the inside, Getbipak paper cups is capable of completely decomposing into humus, water, and CO2 within 6 -12 months.
Safe for users: does not contain harmful additives in PBS paper cup
Waterproof: compact design, soft, tough, sturdy and does not leak water.
- Coat thinner than other bioplastics (20gsm whilst PLA is 30gsm)
- Excellent printability
- Suitable for hot food service ware
- Industrial Compostable
- Recyclable in the PE recycling stream
- Made of Renewable Resources
BioPBS paper cup vs LHPE paper cup？
SHELF LIFE & STORAGE
12 months from date of production under proper storage conditions (room temperature of ~230C). If you need to open bags and use them partially, you are recommended to seal bags again properly and use it within 3 months. During transportation and storage, temperature should not exceed 700C at any time.
Why choose BIOPBS PAPER CUP?
The paperboard we use for our Paper Cups is manufactured from 100% virgin fibre. The wood used to make the board is from well-managed plantation forests purpose-grown for manufacturing into wood and paper products. Paper is a renewable resource, a key point of difference between Paper Cups and alternatives made from non-renewable materials.
- BIOPBS – A friendly catalyst to help you become an environmentally friendly brand
- RENEWABLE RESOURCE – By using bio-based material, we are not emiting more CO2 into the atmosphere
- BIODEGRADABILITY – BioPBS degrades at room temperature. There is no need for special composting facilities
We care about the environment, as evidenced by our compostable cups made of organic PBS coated paper. According to DIN EN 14995, our organic PBS cups are 100% recyclable and compostable. The plastic is made from sugar cane residues left over from sugar production. This does not result in a scarcity of food.
Our organic PBS cups are identical to our standard PLA cups. In terms of processing and handling, organic PBS coated paper is very similar to our traditional cups.